|View||From North 1|
|Series||II: Buildings and Grounds|
|Description||Burton-Judson Courts residence halls for men (University of Chicago), occupies the full block between 60th and 61st Streets, Ellis and Greenwood Avenues, on the south side of the Midway Plaisance. The residence halls, named for two former presidents of the University, were completed in 1931. There are rooms and suites for 400 students, a library, lounge rooms, and apartments for resident heads. A new Law School building is being built immediately to the east, and when it is completed in the autumn of 1958 Burton-Judson halls will be used primarily as a residence unit for law students.|
|Subject Terms||Façades | Automobiles|
|Architect||Zantzinger, Borie and Medary|
|Location||1005 E. 60th Street | University of Chicago, Chicago, Illinois|
|Collection||Archival Photographic Files|
|Repository||University of Chicago Library, Special Collections Research Center|
View information about rights and permissions.
View information about ordering reproductions.