Burton-Judson Courts

Burton-Judson Courts
Larger

Burton-Judson Courts
Architectural Drawing 3
II: Buildings and Grounds
Architectural drawing (photograph copy) of the University of Chicago's Burton-Judson Courts entrance (from 60th Street). The new dormitories for men and women, costing $3,000,000, are the first units of the university's development south of the Midway. On the north side of the Midway, the university front, known as the "world's most beautiful academic avenue," now extends from Maryland Avenue to Blackstone Avenue, a distance of more than a mile and a quarter. The men's residence halls now under construction will be completed by October, and will house 400 students. The two units of the dormitory quadrangle are named for Harry Pratt Judson and Ernest DeWitt Burton, the university's second and third presidents.
Dormitories (Buildings) | Fa├žades | Architectural drawings (Visual works)
Undated
Photographic prints; 23.8 x 15.5 cm
Zantzinger, Borie and Medary
1931
1005 E. 60th Street | University of Chicago, Chicago, Illinois
H03
Archival Photographic Files
University of Chicago Library, Special Collections Research Center
apf2-01386

View information about rights and permissions.

View information about ordering reproductions.