Oriental Institute

Oriental Institute

Oriental Institute
Dead Sea Scrolls 1
II: Buildings and Grounds
Bible scholars at the Zion Research Library in Brookline, Massachusetts examine the fourth of the ancient Dead Sea Scrolls, believed to be one of the lost books of the Bible. Found in 1947 in Judea, this is the first public exhibition of the piece. Left to right: Dr. Carl H. Kraeling, American Schools of Oriental Research president in Jerusalem and Baghdad; Miss A. Marguerite Smith, Research Library librarian; the manuscript’s owner, Rev. Athanasius Yeshue Samuel, Syrian Archbishop and Metropolitan of Jerusalem and Hashemite Jordan; Rev. Peter Barsoum, Assyrian St. Mary's Apostolic Church pastor in Worcester; and, Mrs. Mary Brooks Tredennick, Zion Research Foundation Board of Trustees president.
Samuel, Athanasius Yeshue, born 1907 | Kraeling, Carl Hermann, 1897-1966 | Barsoum, Peter | Smith, A. Marguerite | Tredennick, Mary Brooks | Dead Sea scrolls
Christian Science Publishing Company
Photographic prints; 20.0 x 24.5 cm
1155 E. 58th Street | University of Chicago, Chicago, Illinois
Archival Photographic Files
University of Chicago Library, Special Collections Research Center

View information about rights and permissions.

View information about ordering reproductions.