Stagg Field (Old)

Stagg Field (Old)

Stagg Field (Old)
From Southwest 4
II: Buildings and Grounds
The University of Chicago Athletic Field was also called by its unofficial name, Marshall Field, after the famous Chicago retailer who donated the land in the early 1890s. In 1913, the site was officially renamed and dedicated Stagg Field, complete with a state-of-art football stadium designed by Shepley, Rutan and Coolidge. The Shanty, used by Coach Amos Alonzo Stagg for a temporary athletes' dressing room, in foreground.
Amos Alonzo Stagg Field; Marshall Field
Athletic fields | Grandstands
Photographic prints; 9.4 x 11.6 cm
Shepley, Rutan & Coolidge
University of Chicago, Chicago, Illinois
CH03; CH04
Archival Photographic Files
University of Chicago Library, Special Collections Research Center

View information about rights and permissions.

View information about ordering reproductions.